- the last 3 months violation free and you have completed an alcohol assessment - see approved providers.
If you fail to meet the violation free criteria you will need to stay on the programme until you have complied.
For more details on the programme see NZTA website.
To arrange an interlock install - call us on 0800 002 182, please have your licence details ready.
To exit the interlock programme -
- Contact NZTA on 0800 822 422 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for permission to exit the interlock programme
- NZTA will view your reports and advise you of their decision
- If you are approved to exit, go to a licencing agency such as AA or VTNZ and apply for a zero alcohol licence
- To arrange for removal of your interlock, email a copy of your licence to email@example.com then call your local service centre for a removal.
Change of Circumstances
If your circumstances change after you have had your device installed and you now meet the financial eligibility criteria, you may be eligible to have the rest of your alcohol interlock costs subsidised. Go to www.nzta.govt.nz/AID-subsidy
for more information.
Interlock Programme information
The NZ Transport Agency has a comprehensive page detailing the requirements and stages of the programme.
Visit NZTA alcohol interlock page
Sober Check sell both personal and workplace breathalysers for breath alcohol testing. Available to buy online.
View the personal breathalysers or workplace breathalysers
Drink Drive Lawyers
If you or a family member have been charged with drink-driving and need legal help, we can recommend lawyers to help you out, please call us on 0800 002 182.
You can get your interlock license and your zero alcohol licence at AA
Approved Alcohol Assessors
To exit the programme with only the last 3 months of your data violation free, you can complete an Alcohol Assessment, see list of approved providers.
SSI 20/20 User Instructions Manual (2871 KB)
In Hom User Instructions (72 KB)